ABOUT THE SMART CARD
The Smart Card is specifically geared towards the convenient use of downtown meters and the Spring Street Municipal Parking Garage.
HOW TO USE at a PARKING METER
- Insert Smart Card into parking meter
- The dollar value of the card will flash four times on the meter
- Time will be put on the meter in increments of .25 cents.
- Remove the card when the desired amount of time is displayed
(Re-insert Smart Card into meter to refund unused time)
HOW TO USE at the MUNICIPAL PARKING GARAGE at SPRING STREET
- Insert Smart Card into the terminal when entering / exiting
- The cost of the parking will be debited upon exiting
(Balance can be checked at a Smart Card Machine)
TO OBTAIN TIME REFUND FROM A PARKING METER
- After putting time on the meter, at least one minute of that initial time must run down, otherwise the card will not be able to refund your money back to the card and it will start adding additional time.
- Insert the SMARTCARD into the Parking Meter
- The dollar value of the card will flash four times on the meter.
- Then you will see "REF" for refund. Wait until you see the new money balance, you may then remove the card.
WHERE TO PURCHASE
Smart Cards, which are the size of a credit card, can be easily replenished at a Smart Card Terminal.
A first-time minimum purchase of $20 is required per Smart Card, and there is a $50 maximum each time the card is refilled.
In addition, when replenishing a Smart Card, bonus time will be credited to the card equal to 10% of the amount purchased. For example, a $20 Smart Card yields $2 in bonus parking and a $50 Smart Card yields $5 in bonus parking.
The Smart Card Terminals are conveniently located in the Spring Street Parking Garage at the Library Entrance, Spring Street Entrance, Witherspoon Hall Municipal Building and Monument Hall Municipal Building.